Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trusting in the MAN with the Plan

Have you ever seen the movie final destination? I have and praise him....I am not on that path....I'm on Gods.

This morning I left NY at 4:23 am after a few hours of sleep. I awoke, reminisced for a few moments, prayed, dressed said my thank you and good byes. My twin and I were on the road. I had first drive. I drove from Syracuse to 96 miles outside of Toledo, Ohio. I was getting sleepy by then. We stopped gassed up the car and Ralph took over. I prayed through our travel, talked to the lord and was thinking through some scriptures. I was updating my progress along the way via face book and talking with my sister, Renee. As we continued on, I was reading Psalms 62 and verse 8

Psalm 62:8 (New International Version)

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah

Just as I finished reading the last word, my brother said, the tire just blew, I said where, he said on the trailer, driver side. We pulled over, we were in a dangerous spot on the highway. The car shook fiercely as the trucks flew by at 70 plus miles per hour...(thanks to Indiana's speed limit). We sat there for a minute. I said, to the lord, okay, Lord we have a blown tire. My brother said we have to get out of the car. Its not safe. So we got out. Now, mind you one hour prior to this my cell phone was fully charged. When I went to call the trailer company for roadside assistance my phone battery began to die. I said, Lord, hold this battery life long enough for me to get this information to the operator. Midway through the call the phone died. I didnt have enough power to call them back but I had enough to leave a message on my sisters voice mail to pray.

One hour passed, we sat there, I was in the most peaceful state, singing one of my favorite 5 2 life songs, praising God, thanking him that the trailer didn't flip over and that my first reaction wasn't a complaint but a thank you. I told my brother you know people don't stop anymore to see if you need help... I wonder why that is..... he replied, I dont know... I sat down on the very hot side rail about 20 ft away from the car for safety reasons and this car drove by with some young people in it who waved at me. I wave back with a smile. I thought that was nice. Soon after that, a white van pulled up and Ed got out and said you two okay, we said yes, and asked if he was from the trailer company. He replied, no. He said he would send us some help. We both said thank you. Not ten minutes passed and a big Red truck pulled up and with a nice man who had been married to his wife for 30 years and I didnt get his name but he stayed there with us the entire time. His truck was equipped with one of those big yellow arrows that tells you to get over in the other lane. He said, your car is safe now, you can sit in it if you like. I trusted him. I returned to my car. We waited another hour, in that time the state trooper showed up and asked if the tow company had come and they hadn't. I asked the gentlemen in the big Red truck if I could use his cell phone to call the company again and I did. He was able to give them our exact location. The tow company was there in no time. When the tow man showed up, I asked him his name, he said Lee, I said Lee, I said a prayer for you. He said thank you and I will continue to pray for you until you are done. He smiled. God kept him, us and the man in the big red truck. The Red truck and tow truck waited till we were safely in our car and on our way. Now, here is the run down,

1. My tire blew on my trailer
2. It did not flip over and kill my twin and I
3. A fully charged phone died
4. I missed my housing appointment
5. I met three new people and prayed for them
6. The significance of the Three Men, the colors White and Red is overwhelming(I can't even begin to break that down for you right now)
7. I arrived at my appointed destination, B-S, Michigan at the Fullness of time.
8. I had the opportunity to spend the evening with my brother and sister-n-law and niece.
So all I can say is, Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,a]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[a] whob]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[b] have been called according to his purpose.

& Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment