Thursday, January 15, 2009

Warning, Warning.....think it not strange.


Warning, warning, think it not strange.....waking up in the middle of the night, walking to the bathroom, I hear "think it not strange", I said, Lord, I know this text. I don't know where it is though. I said James maybe, then I proceeded back to my living room floor, as I decided to camp out there. "Think it not strange...hmmm, diverse temptation...James, I don't know. Okay Lord, I will look it up when I get up in the morning".
I awake a few hours later, the words blaring loudly in my mind, I greet my Father, His Son and the Holy Spirit...and I look for my Word. Praying, I open the book and turn to James chpt 5. I said, "well its not James, close but not". I pick up my phone and call my sister. She answers, "Good morning gurl", I reply, the same....I said "I can't find this text, think it not strange, I was thinking James but that's not it", she said "well, let us look up the text on Bible gateway", I said "okay". She said, "It 1 Peter 4:12" I said "okay thanks". We chatted a little and then hung up.
Reading 1 Peter, I wondered in my mind what I need not to think strange....I prayed some more and realized, its a warning, something is going to happen. I put the bible down and moved on with my morning.

A couple of nights later, while sleeping, I dream of vines. Beautiful ones, fresh, green and most beautiful deep green I have ever seen, then I hear, "I am the vine". I said, "I know these words"....I repeated them in my dream, "I am the vine, my father is the vine dresser". I awoke. I said, "okay again, I know the text, not sure where to find it". So I called my sister again. This time she says, "Good morning gurl" and I reply, "I am the vine" she says with an awe of surprise and nervousness "Awww what did I do now, what is it....you have something to tell me" I said, "No, no, I'm sorry, I cant find the text...I am the vine...that all the lord gave me." She said, "oh, girl I thought you had a word for me, don't do that" with a little chuckle she continued, "its found in John 15." I said, "thanks, one of my favorite books." I told her I would call her later.

Two days later, both text seemed to ring loudly in my spirit....Think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you. I am the true vine and my father is the vine dresser. Two text, Two day apart, Two day of processing....If nothing else, I knew it was a sure thing.
(and it was, and it is)
So, why am I taking my leisure to share this experience with you because, God is the kind of God who loves his children and he speaks to them. I was able to discern his warning that I was going to be attacked soon, but he didn't want me to worry or be afraid, or feel like "this is strange, I don't know why this is happening". He assured me that He is with me with the follow up text that came two day after the warning text. "I am the true vine, and my father is the vine dresser". In layman's terms. It means, I am with you, attending to your need. I looked up the words vine and vine dresser. Although I had to research them separately. A vine is a plant who stem requires support, which climbs or trails along the ground. A Dresser(n) is one who dresses or attends. God was telling me, "Shana, a fiery trial is coming upon you but be not dismayed because I am the true vine and my father is the vine dresser, we will attend and support you through this time."

My role in all of this is to stay focused and faithful to the true vine and the vine dresser, because he says, every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. He continues, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in Him, bears much fruit." So, he is saying to me, "Keep doing what your doing for me, By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit"

Staying faithful to God in a time that "feels" awful can be trying when you have the assurances of God. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be in a trial, not know God and be unaware that his assurance is there for the asking but you not know him to ask him.

Walking with God means you too will endure what he endured her on this earth. He has overcome sin and because of Him you can too.
picture used courtesy of FreeFoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment